Buying a new home is an exciting time. It can also be stressful if you are unsure about your credit or know that your credit is not as high as you’d like it to be. Your credit score is one of the biggest factors in how much of a home loan you can qualify for and the interest rate you’ll pay. The good news is there are easy ways to increase your credit score. By following a few tips, you can make sure your report accurately reflects your use of credit and create a plan to improve your scores if necessary.
• Check for Errors - Errors on a credit report is very common. Make sure that everything is current and accurate.
• Pay Down Credit Card Debt – One of the easiest ways to boost your score is to lower your credit card balances. Aim to have no more than 50% of available credit in use.
• Remove Negative Accounts – If you have old collections or bad debt, negotiate with the creditor to pay some/all of the debt in exchange for removing the record.
• Keep Old Accounts Open – About 15% of your score has to do with how long you’ve had credit accounts.
• Pay on Time – This might sound simple, but always pay your bills on time.
Credit issues do not have to last forever. By understanding what affects your credit, you can make real changes which will increase your score.
If you are looking for help with your credit our credit advocate would be happy to assist you.
For more information and to know where you stand in order to map out a plan to purchase your home contact Carletha with eXp Realty by email at [email protected] or call or text our 24 hour buyer line at 843-321-9317.
Author:Carletha Frazier Singleton Phone: 843-227-0054 Dated: June 27th 2018 Views: 143 About Carletha: Carletha Frazier Singleton began in the Real estate industry in 2004, she is a licensed real estate ...
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.
Carletha Frazier Singleton began in the Real estate industry in 2004, she is a licensed real estate broker in 2 states and holds a vast amount of knowledge and experience. She has managed apartment communities housing over 300 units and later went on to own and operate a property management company that served investment properties from single family homes to condos and duplexes.
Carletha's knowledge and experience expands beyond property management to assisting first time home buyers, military buyers as well as individuals looking to move up or downsize their current lifestyle. She also helps investors locate and purchase and sell property. Her marketing techniques excel when assisting homeowners to sell property.
In addition to real estate, Carletha started mentoring and coaching business individuals and entrepreneurs in 2011 and her passion to empower others continues to grow. She is a certified mentor for eXp Realty where she helps guide both new and seasoned agents with their real estate business. Her enthusiasm for technology & passion lead her to become a certified trainer for the National Association of Realtors.
Carletha goes above and beyond to serve her clients with an anything is possible attitude.